Wenta is an award-winning social enterprise that provides inclusive support and guidance to those considering starting or growing their own business.
As the leading enterprise agency in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, Wenta offers a diverse range of business support services to those thinking of starting a business, those that have recently started a business as well as established businesses. These services include business start-up advice, training courses and events, affordable business centre premises and facilities as well as education programmes for organisations and education providers.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated, pro-active Receptionist/Administrator to join our small team in Enfield. The successful candidate will have the dual role of being responsible for Facilities across the Centre whilst at the same time providing a Receptionist service to our clients and visitors to the Centre. He/she will report to the Centre Manager. The job holder will need to be focused on using best practice to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs. With the support of the Centre Manager this role is responsible for the day to day operations relating to the building and premises to ensure the efficient management of the centre regarding maintenance, readiness and cost.
This position will report to the Centre Manager and the main duties are as follows:
- Providing front line support for conference centre clients, together with supporting many of the businesses based within the Centre with telephone, reception and customer greeting duties.
- First point of contact for visitors and clients to the centre so it is essential to set a good first impression of the organisation
- Answering the telephone for Virtual clients within 3 rings in a professional and friendly manner
- Update the Enquiry Spreadsheet with incoming leads / viewings / quotations within an hour of receiving.
- Managing the process of issuing / cancelling keys & swipe cards / fobs using a ‘computerised access control system’ with immediate effect where necessary.
- Ensuring that the movement board is kept up to date, in conjunction with the Centre Manager.
- Weekly walk of the entire building in the Facilities Manager’s absence to ensure that all services are functioning correctly.
- Adhere to response times for repairs for urgent (i.e.: burst water main), semi-urgent (i.e. failing lamps) and non-urgent (such as carpet cleaning).
- Be wholly responsible for the meeting room process running effectively which is:
- Booking Meeting Rooms
- Setting up an account for new external clients
- Ensuring that new clients pay in advance
- Managing meeting room equipment, ensure all equipment is in good working order
- Liaising with the bistro for Catering and checking prior to meeting.
- Maximise revenues by up-selling products.
- Ensuring rooms are laid out as per the client’s requirements.
- Briefing all conference room users on H&S of the site as they arrive.
- Making sure the rooms are clean and tidy after each use. Checking with client at least one day prior to a booking that the room
is still required, that correct details are received and if anything further is required to help the meeting run smoothly.
- Effectively manage incoming and outgoing post on a day to day basis.
- Maintaining the reception area to a high standard ensuring it is clean and tidy
- Ordering of stationery and monitoring stock.
- Responsible for selling and setting up new Virtual Office clients.
- Chasing virtual office and conference debt.
- Supporting the Centre Manager and Facilities Coordinator in managing and maintaining the services that it provides. Where necessary responsibility for managing expectations of each Manager and advising of other commitments that may conflict with their needs.
- Providing attention to detail and accurate administration services for the Business Centre.
- Working with the Centre Manager & Marketing department to achieve the targets set to develop the Conference centre function and grow the ‘mailbox / call answering’ service offering.
- Keeping accurate records of clients using database systems in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and maintaining the database, to ensure all information is correct and up to date for contacts and clients at all times.
- Promoting networking within the Centre.
- Log any maintenance issues in the Facilities Co-ordinator’s absence and escalate where necessary.
- Providing refreshments for visitors and making sure that they are happy.
- To act as a trained First Aider and Fire Warden (including weekly fire alarm tests)
- To undertake any specific training to support and improve individual job performance.
These duties are not exhaustive and the job holder may be asked to perform other duties as delegated by the line manager.
Previous experience working within a Receptionist and/or Administrative role is essential. In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate the key competencies below from their previous employment:
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Office and Excel and a willingness to learn new systems (training will be provided).
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer service with particular emphasis on an excellent telephone manner
- Flexibility to vary the working days start and end times during busy periods to contribute to the running of the business centre.
- Candidates must be smart and presentable as they will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the Centre.
- Able to generate a good rapport with clients, be professional, friendly and able to maintain a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Learn new tasks quickly, take on board new information and stay up to date to improve your commercial awareness of the needs of the business. Regularly inputs into improvements and often comes up with initiatives that contribute to the success of the Business Centre.
- Take pride in a reliable and consistent work ethic that only improves under pressure.
- Be able to take ownership of issues as they arise and provide a solution to your manager.
If you think you have the skills and experience for this role please email your CV together with a covering letter to our HR Manager, Yvonne Mountain – email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 17 October 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing 23 October 2017.Download Application Form