Key Purpose of the Role
The holder of this position will report to the Centre Manager and is responsible for providing front line support for conference centre clients, together with supporting many of the businesses based within the Centre with telephone, reception and customer greeting duties.
- Providing front line support for conference centre clients, together with supporting many of the businesses based within the Centre with telephone, reception and customer greeting duties.
- First point of contact for visitors and clients to the centre and creating a positive first impression.
- Update the Enquiry Spreadsheet with incoming leads/ viewings/quotations within an hour of receiving.
- Managing the process of issuing/cancelling keys & swipe cards/fobs using a ‘computerised access control system’ with immediate effect where necessary.
- Ensuring that the movement board is kept up to date, in conjunction with the Centre Manager.
- Be wholly responsible for the meeting room process running effectively which is:
- Booking meeting rooms
- Managing meeting room equipment, ensure all equipment is in good working order
- Liaising with and checking prior to meeting
- Maximise revenues by up-selling products
- Ensuring rooms are laid out as per clients requirements
- Briefing all conference room users on H&S of the sire as they arrive
- Checking with clients at least one day prior to a booking that the room is still required, that you have the correct details and, if anything further is required to help the meeting go well
- Ensuring internal and external clients are invoiced correctly for meeting room bookings in a timely manner
- Effectively manage incoming and outgoing post on a day to day basis.
- Maintaining the reception area to a high standard ensuring it is clean and tidy.
- Supporting the Centre Manager and Facilities Manager in managing and maintaining the services that it provides. Where necessary you will be responsible for managing expectations of each Manager and advising of other commitments that may conflict with their needs.
- Providing attention to detail and accurate administration services for the Business Centre.
- Working with the Centre Manager, Facilities Manager and Marketing department to achieve the targets set to develop the Conference centre function and grow the ‘mailbox/call answering’ service offering.
- Respond to Live Chat calls as and when they occur.
- Responsible for setting up new Virtual Office clients in conjunction with the Office Administrator.
- Keeping accurate records of data using appropriate systems in a timely manner.
- Working with the Centre Manager to ensure that the rates office have been informed of new and vacating clients within 7 days of them moving in / vacating.
- Monitoring and maintaining the database, to ensure all information is correct and up to date for contacts and clients at all times.
- Log any maintenance issues in the Facility Manager’s absence and escalate where necessary if needed.
- Providing refreshments for room bookings and Wenta visitors.
- To act as a trained First Aider and Fire Warden. (including weekly fire alarm tests)
- To undertake any specific training to support and improve individual job performance.
- The core hours are 8.30 to 5.00, but a flexible approach is required to ensure the conference centre runs smoothly.
Essential Key Skills
Previous experience working within a Receptionist and/or Administrative role is essential. In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate the key competencies below from their previous employment:
- Proficient IT skills including Microsoft Office and Excel and a willingness to learn new systems (training will be provided).
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer service with particular emphasis on an excellent telephone manner
- Flexibility to vary the working days start and end times during busy periods to contribute to the running of the business centre.
- Able to generate a good rapport with clients, be professional, friendly and able to maintain a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Learn new tasks quickly, take on board new information and stay up to date to improve your commercial awareness of the needs of the business. Regularly input into improvements and come up with initiatives that contribute to the success of the Business Centre.
- Take pride in a reliable and consistent work ethic that only improves under pressure.
- Be able to take ownership of issues as they arise and provide a solution to your manager.
The list of above duties is not exhaustive and the Receptionist/Administrator may be required to carry out other duties which are not listed above as and when requested by their line manager.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to Joanna Kiely, Centre Manager email@example.com