Wenta is an award-winning social enterprise that provides inclusive support and guidance to those considering, starting or growing their own business.
This is a unique role within the in-house Marketing team with a focus on providing first-class strategic marketing support for the Wenta brands, largely in a copywriting and design capacity.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and pro-active Marketing Executive to join the Wenta Marketing Team on a part-time, permanent basis. Providing support to the Marketing Manager as well as working closely with the rest of the team, this role requires a highly-organised individual with excellent knowledge of the full marketing mix and great project management skills.
You must have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, be able to prioritise workload accordingly and have a real ‘can-do’ attitude. You will need to be a great team player as well as have the confidence to undertake projects independently. This is a great opportunity to play a vital role in support of Wenta’s marketing efforts at a time of growth and innovation.
Objectives of the Role:
- To support the Wenta Marketing team, largely in a design, copywriting and PR capacity to maximise revenue and social impact for the Wenta portfolio
- To assist Wenta with strategic marketing projects – digital and offline
- To contribute to the development of Wenta’s online content library, largely in a copywriting and design capacity, regularly creating business information articles and resources
- To design and provide regular copy and artwork for all of Wenta’s brands (Wenta, btc and Mi Ventures), to promote Wenta’s social purpose and strategic activities
- To support the Marketing Team with key projects such as small business events and the launch of new services
Specific Marketing Responsibilities:
- Providing digital and offline marketing support for strategic projects, largely in a copywriting and design capacity
- Designing and creating collateral for Wenta's brands (Wenta, btc and Mi Ventures) including the Wenta Annual Review, brochures, posters, email footers and adverts
- Liaising with external suppliers for the sourcing of branded merchandise and stationery
- Coordinating the distribution of marketing event materials including banner stands
- Coordinating Wenta/btc events and providing support as directed by the Marketing Manager
- Supporting the ERDF project team with targeted campaigns
- Carrying out market research and customer surveys to assess satisfaction, demand, brand positioning and awareness
- Scripting and producing regular content for the Wenta, btc and Mi Ventures websites
- Promoting Wenta’s brands via social networks including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Maintaining the marketing team's key contacts database including PR and supplier info
- Liaising with the media on topical small business news and Wenta services
- Supporting the Marketing Manager in the creation of company-wide communications
- Copywriting, proofreading, formatting and editing of blog articles, news articles, client case studies, resources, press releases and other content for Wenta's digital and offline platforms
- Designing and scripting branded email campaigns for maximum impact and response rates
- Supporting the Marketing Manager to deliver Wenta and btc SLA’s and programmes
- Project managing of specific projects as directed by the Marketing Manager
- Undertake regular Continuous Professional Development through the attendance of training courses, conferences and other networking events
- To meet and maintain all standards of quality as may be required contractually by Wenta
- To share good practice with other Wenta teams and to jointly support their activities
The list of above duties is not exhaustive and the Marketing Executive may be asked to carry out other ad-hoc duties as directed by the Marketing Manager.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of design packages, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, confident in creating artwork to meet briefs
- Experience of working within the business support industry and writing relevant copy
- Excellent knowledge of the full marketing mix – digital and offline
- Experience of managing social media channels – particularly Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- First class written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Confident team player with the ability work independently when needed
- Experience of working with media/PR journalists
- Good knowledge of creating surveys and analysing responses
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and Excel
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake occasional travel
- First class copywriting skills and attention to detail
- Creative flair for design and the ability to produce artwork in line with company brands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to build relationships with other teams and Wenta partners, stakeholders and suppliers
- Flexible approach
- Ability to work on set tasks within an agreed timeframe and to deadlines
- Commitment to an award-winning social enterprise that is driven by a social purpose.
- Team player and forward-thinker
- Great multi-tasker and highly organised
If you are interested in this role please email your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th April 2018.