Our Mission: Through our social enterprise, we will deliver the UK’s most successful, inclusive support and advice to people considering, starting and growing their own businesses.
(This role is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.)
Key Purpose of Role:
Wenta is a not-for-profit social enterprise that delivers inclusive support and advice to people considering, starting and growing their own business. This is an exciting and pivotal role within the in-house Wenta Digital, Communications and Marketing Team providing support in the delivery of Wenta’s digital strategy. This role is responsible for the creation and coordination of Wenta’s digital and offline content and communications.
Objectives of the Role:
To support the DCM team in delivering Wenta’s strategic priority projects – resulting in increased service innovation and client focus for Wenta
To support the team’s mission to increase client engagement digitally and offline
To increase the overall traffic and user engagement of Wenta’s digital channels including website portfolio, social media channels, email campaigns and internal communications platform, the Wentranet
To support the DCM Manager in the delivery of contracts such as the digital and offline promotion of The Business and Technology Centre (btc) in Stevenage and enterprise programmes.
To provide day-to-day DCM support to the wider Wenta Team
To attend meetings on behalf of the DCM Team as and when required
To drive, create, curate and coordinate the Wenta Business Bookshelf digital content strategy through the production of an annual content calendar, researching and writing new SME articles and resources, liaising with internal and external content suppliers, researching new content opportunities, ensuring all content is branded accordingly and proof-checked before being added to the website.
To act as the first point of call for all day-to-day website support/development requirements with Wenta’s external web agency and internal staff.
To write and curate digital content for the Wenta brand(s) - including The Business & Technology Centre, Stevenage, such as regular news articles, case studies, testimonials, press releases, e-brochures/flyers, infographics, .gifs and banners for the Wenta website(s) and online listings to ensure all of Wenta’s digital presence is up-to-date with the latest news and information.
To report, monitor, share and act upon monthly learnings established from Wenta’s Google Analytics account(s), SEO and Adwords campaigns ensuring that website content is optimised in terms of titles, meta descriptions and links etc – main contact point for Wenta’s external SEO agency.
To work with the DCM team in designing, creating, implementing and growing Wenta’s digital channels, including Wenta’s 24/7 chatbot, client directory and live chat services as well as integrating all data learnings to improve them further.
Maintaining and updating website content using Umbraco CMS, such as updating training schedules and updates to programmes, services and initiatives.
- To create an annual email campaigns calendar that works in synergy with Wenta’s digital channels (particularly the Business Bookshelf), promoting all of Wenta’s services.
- To design, produce and coordinate weekly email communications in Wenta’s brand(s) and tone of voice and report on open rates, response rates and outcomes.
- To increase Wenta’s digital database at every opportunity within GDPR compliance and maintain the DCM areas of Wenta’s CRM such as PR contacts and email subscribers etc.
Social Media and PPC
- To create and manage engaging content and communications for use on Wenta’s social media accounts with the ultimate goal to increase reach and overall user traffic and engagement on the Wenta website(s).
- To design and implement paid social advertising to promote key projects, programmes or services.
- To create, run and manage PPC campaigns in order to increase reach for Wenta.
- To work closely with Wenta’s Business Advice and Support Team (BAST) in producing client feedback surveys and polls digitally in order to gauge client satisfaction rates and engagement.
- To maintain, manage and develop the ‘Wentranet’ – Wenta’s intranet platform for internal communications.
- To support the DCM Manager and Head of DCM in delivering projects required within the btc management contract and other programme SLA’s
- To support the Wenta staff team with the creation of branded presentation templates and other digital collateral as and when required
- To manage the DCM email inbox and distribute incoming emails accordingly
- To support the DCM Team on events, including promotion and set-up
The list of above duties is not exhaustive, and the DCM Coordinator may be asked to carry out other ad-hoc duties as directed by the DCM Manager and Head of DCM.
It’s an exciting time to join Wenta and to hit the ground running ideally you will have a degree in Marketing, English, Web Development or related subject as well as some digital marketing experience.
You’ll be an excellent communicator at all levels with fantastic writing skills and impeccable attention to detail. Ideally you will have experience of using a content management system, social media platforms and email marketing software and will know how to prioritise and manage projects. Being highly organised, agile, motivated and confident is key for this position. You will be working within a small team of 4 so you must be able to work well within a team as well as independently.
If you are interested in this role please email your CV together with a covering letter to Parvena: ParvenaBegum@wenta.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd August 2019
First Interviews will take place week commencing 29th July 2019
Second Interviews will take place week commencing 5th August 2019