Wenta is an award-winning social enterprise that provides inclusive support and guidance to those considering, starting or growing their own business.
As the leading enterprise agency in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, Wenta offers a diverse range of business support services to those thinking of starting a business, those that have recently started one up as well as existing businesses. These services include business start-up advice, training courses and events, affordable business centre premises and facilities as well as education programmes for organisations and education providers.
We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated, pro-active Centre Manager (CM) to join our team at Watford. The overall aim of this role is to ensure the smooth running of the Business Centre in line with the ‘One Wenta’ strategy for building excellent relationships with all our Centre clients and with local businesses. The Centre Manager will be a proactive networker who continuously promotes Wenta and the services the Company has to offer through nurturing relationships with our Business Centre Clients.
The Centre Manager will be supported in his/her role by the Facilities/Receptionist team. He/she will have line management responsibility for the team and will have direct involvement in their recruitment, performance management and CPD.
The ability of the Centre Manager and Business Advisor to work as a close-knit team, at all times, is essential to the successful implementation of the ‘One Wenta’ strategy.
- All key financial calendar dates are set by the Head of Finance and agreed with CMs
- Overseeing the production of all sales invoices - responsible for sending out service and rent invoices to Clients
- Overseeing the process of and resolving all local direct debit issues – collect DD forms and chase non-payment
- Input of annual budgets and the development of Income for the organisation.
- monthly budget monitoring and effective cost reduction
- Effective procurement of services and ensuring value for money
- Signing and coding of supply invoices and forward to Head of Finance
- Completion of Rates spreadsheet
- Management of annual rental increases
- Overseeing of the administration for incoming and outgoing clients
- Completion of moving in procedures and checklist
- Conducting exit viewings and agree any remedial works
- Liaise with accounts re. direct debits and deposits
- Organising signage
- Producing licence agreement
- Managing orders for broadband/telephone to include patching and programming
- Dealing with all Client viewings
- Overseeing all vacant offices and communal areas are kept clean and tidy in liaison with Facilities Manager
- Overseeing broadband and IT infrastructure for clients and staff at the Centre
- Contract negotiating with existing and new clients
- Overseeing Centre facilities and maintenance issues and ensuring proper procurement and management of those elements
- Responding to all enquiries promptly, operating the current discount policy as agreed
- Acting as First Aider and Fire Marshall for the Centre
Centre Marketing and Promotion
- Liaising and developing relationships with online brokers
- Maintaining up-to-date accurate records through the current CRM system in liaison with The Wenta Marketing Team
- Working with Marketing on local promotions including exhibitions, community events, seminars, blog articles and networking.
- Organising and participating in all local networking and/or community events
- Communicating all unit availability to Marketing immediately to ensure online information is accurate and regularly updating the shared workspace availability database
- Attending local networking events and updating the Wenta intranet events calendar
- Supporting Marketing with Centre news information for PR purposes
- Raising awareness of stakeholder relationships with Marketing
- One Wenta Strategy – in liaison with the resident Business Advisor to decide on future direction of the incubator space, other drop in facilities and online support in the Centre
- CM to work closely with the Business Advisor and work together as a team to ensure all the services of Wenta are promoted and made fully available to all clients including virtual mailbox, incubator space and online
- CM to nominate a member of their team to be trained to manage the Wenta online enquiries, live chat service, relating to Property and Facilities
- CM to work together with Advisors on all matters relating to in-house training, networking events and promoting the Centres and its services etc.
- Co-ordinating regular monthly CM meetings with Business Advisors and distribute action points
- Provide support to other CMs as and when needed across all Centres
The CM will have line management responsibility for the Facilities and Receptionist Team. This will involve:
- Recruitment of direct reports in liaison with HR
- Performance management including six monthly appraisals
- Training and development
- Sickness monitoring and return to work interviews
- Arrange cover for the sites during absence/holidays
Health and safety
- Effective H&S management of the Centre and all associated buildings
This list of duties is not exhaustive and the CM may be required to carry out other duties, which are not listed above, as and when requested by Line Manager/CEO.
If you are interested in this role please download and complete the below application form, then email the completed application form along with your CV and a covering letter to our HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 7th August 2017 for this role.
First interviews will take place on Monday, 14 August 2017 and second interviews, week commencing 21 August 2017.Download Application Form