Wenta provides business advice, guidance and training to pre-start, start-up and established business clients across the Home Counties and South-East Midlands.
This role will directly support the Company’s aim to deliver a start-up service across the South-East Midlands area as part of an ERDF funded project. The programme will focus on entrepreneurs becoming enterprise ready across the region through various channels such as one to one advisory sessions and workshops.
This role will report to the Project Lead for our ERDF Programme delivery and can be based in Luton, Bedford or Milton Keynes.
Business Advisor Responsibilities:
- To advise clients in preparing business plans
- To support, advise and encourage businesses to improve
- To promote and support applications to the grant funding available as part of the ERDF project
- To achieve and evidence outcomes/ outputs required from the ERDF project
- To be aware of other sources of financial assistance available to businesses and start-ups from banks, Business Angel networks and other finance providers
- To fully document all contact with clients and complete all other client administration utilising the Company database as required, and prepare activity reports for the Company as and when required
- To promote the services of other partner organisations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Federation of Small Businesses, local Universities, Colleges and other Enterprise networks. The advisor will also be expected to take an active role in a local business support network
- To undertake any necessary training and Business Advisor accreditations as agreed to ensure continual professional expertise and development is maintained. Membership of an appropriate Professional Institute is recommended.
- To provide impartial, practical assistance by giving business advice to pre-start or early stage micro business clients seeking support through the programme. All advice will be given on a confidential basis
- To work within our business Incubators on a one to one basis, to achieve the highest possible number of sustainable business startups through these facilities
- To signpost clients to other sources of specialist support within Wenta or the wider business support sector
- To plan and deliver Incubator events programmes, promoting regular workshops, sourcing specialists for surgeries and evaluating via feedback
- To assist in the delivery of a range of other business support and start-up activities which may include linking to other UK or European funded business support programmes
- To work closely with other Incubator Advisors to ensure the network is widely and consistently promoted and the integrity of the Wenta/programme brand is maintained
- To work with the Marketing department to promote all Incubator activities including business support, workshops, specialist surgeries and events
- To prepare for and deliver business workshops and seminars
- To organise and run other workshops and promotional events as agreed
- To attend and contribute to the various team and staff meetings and to be involved in other Agency activities as requested by the Project Lead and Project Executive
- To be flexible and adaptable – own transport is required as there may be a need to work from other locations across the SEMLEP area
- Creativity, forward thinking and confidence are essential skills in this role.
- Candidates must be experienced Business Advisors
- Candidates must have the confidence to present at workshops, seminars and at meetings
- Experience of having been self-employed or running own business would be advantageous
- Candidates will need to be comfortable working both as part of a close-knit team and autonomously
- Candidates will be required to keep up to date with developments within the Business support sector and to be able to speak knowledgeably about new initiatives
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ideally job holders will be SFEDI accredited
- Commitment to a social enterprise that is driven by a social purpose
- The ability to empathise with small businesses/start-up organisations
- Confident and effective presentation skills and proven networking abilities
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 20 July
First Interviews will take place week commencing 24 July
Second Interviews will take place week commencing 31 July
As part of the interview process short-listed applicants will be required to prepare a presentation to deliver to the interview panel at the second interview stage.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to our HR manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.Download Application Form