The Assistant Centre Manager will report to the Centre Manager and in their absence will deputise for them. The Assistant Centre Manager will need to be focused on using best practice to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs. This role is responsible for both strategic planning and day to day operations relating to the building and premises and will liaise with the Centre Manager and the Finance Team to ensure the efficient management of the centre regarding maintenance, improvements and cost.
- To deputise fully for the Centre Manager in their absence
- Ensure that the Business Centre conforms to legislation relating to Health and Safety
- The site must conform and demonstrate that certificates are in place and available for the emergency services when needed.
- All client documentation should be processed and available in the client files within one month of moving in. To include the following:
- PAT Certificates
- COSSH Certificates
- Insurance documents
- Fire marshal details
- Emergency Contacts
- Certificates of Incorporation
- Project manage and supervise any contractor work, with Permit to Work and Risk Assessments in place prior to work starting
- Weekly tour of building and external areas to ensure everything is in good order and supported by written documentation
- All empty units to be kept clean and tidy in readiness for client viewings
- Attend the Centre out of hours when required and be the point of contact for emergency call outs (after successful completion of probationary period).
- Work within required response times for repairs i.e. 8 hours for emergencies (water leak, gas leak)
- All access controls to be in place prior to the client moving in and all controls to be disabled on the client vacating
- Maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan for the Centre
- In liaison with the Centre Manager, program medusa for Internet and install phones
- Responsible for the contract management of Suppliers relating to:
- Building and ground Maintenance
- Communication/IT Infrastructure
- Receive, check & sign invoices from contractors and procurement
- Manage contractors to ensure that planned maintenance is carried out in line with supplier SLAs
- Prepare and manage work schedules for contractors and Centre’s maintenance man and communicate work schedule to clients
- Obtain quotations for works in line with financial authorisation levels
- Preparation and monitoring of the budget for Facilities management for the site
- To act as a First Aider and Fire Marshal for the site (after attending training)
- Promote and gain engagement of green awareness within the organisation
- Work on individual projects in liaison with or under the direction of the Centre Manager
- First point of contact for visitors and clients to the centre.
- Answer telephone to Wenta clients and Virtual clients
- Manage incoming and outgoing post
- Cover the Enquiry Spreadsheet in absence of Centre Manager with incoming leads/viewings/quotations
- Manage the meeting room booking Process and ensure all equipment is in good working order
This list of duties is not exhaustive and the Assistant Centre Manager may be required to carry out other duties, which are not listed above, as and when requested by the Centre Manager and Head of Client Services.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to Joanna Kiely, Centre Manager email@example.com.