Watford Thank You Event, hosted by Wenta in partnership with The Watford and West Herts Chamber of Commerce, was designed to celebrate the fantastic local small businesses in Watford. This breakfast networking extravaganza took place on October 31st from 8:30am - 11:30am, and we were overwhelmed with the success of the event and our fantastic presenting guest speakers, all receiving great feedback from attendees. Our 4 hot-topics talks; Parmilla Minhas on ‘Top Tips for Working Out Employment Status’, Martyn Brooke on ‘The Order to Cash Process’, Neil Ben on ‘Video for Business’ and finally Relton Herron on ‘Digital Marketing with Q&A’, really engaged the audience. With over 80 guests signed-up it proved to be an unmissable morning.
This completely free networking event offered attendees breakfast, networking, the opportunity to pitch their businesses and attend expert presentations from established business owners on a range of hot-topic subjects, relevant to the small business community. The opportunities provided by the event for networking with like-minded individuals is run by Wenta and The Watford and West Herts Chamber of Commerce to say a massive Thank You to all of the small businesses of the local area, for their contribution to Watford, helping to provide a thriving community for businesses to succeed in and for everyone to enjoy.
Membership Development Manager, Saffron Johnson from Watford and West Herts Chamber of Commerce said: “It was excellent seeing so many Watford Chamber, Wenta Members and the all the new faces at the event this morning. The speakers were fantastic along with the slightly off the wall presentation by Chamberlain Chris Luff who, on this Halloween, asked the room to imagine being at your own funeral and thinking about what you want to be remembered for? We also made a call for businesses to join up and join in to help develop local relationships, the local community and ensure that the voice of local business is heard.”
Marketing Manager, Charlotte Amner from Wenta said: “What a fantastic event, it was great to see so many faces – some familiar and some new! The feedback so far has been amazing and we’re so glad that we were able to put on this free event and connect the local Watford business community in a new way.”
Here’s a reminder of the event itinerary we had:
- 08:30 – 9:00am - Free breakfast, refreshments & networking (throughout event)
- 09:00 – 09:05am - Event welcome
- 09:05 – 09:20am - In a nutshell business pitches (1 min each person)
- 09:20 – 09:30am - Talk about Wenta
- 09:30 – 09:40am - Talk about The Watford and West Herts Chamber of Commerce
- 09:40 – 10:00am - Parmilla Minhas – ‘Top Tips on Working Out Employment Status’
- 10:00 – 10:20am - Martyn Brooke – ‘The Order to Cash Process’
- 10:20 – 10:40am - Neil Ben – ‘Video for Business’
- 10:40 – 11:00am - Relton Herron – ‘Digital Marketing with Q&A’
- 11:00 - 11:30am - Refreshment, networking, exhibition re-focus, prize draw and event close