Support for the Unemployed
Wenta support those out of work by offering courses and training for the unemployed.
With our advisory and training courses we provide you with the support that you need to start your own business and become your own boss.
Wenta make it easy to start up in business, whether you have been unemployed for one week, one month or a year, our advisors are here to help you get your idea off the ground.
New Enterprise Allowance
The New Enterprise Allowance (NEA) programme gives you the business support and guidance that you need to become self employed. Throughout the programme you will have your own Business Mentor who will help you complete your business plan and get your business started.
The NEA process:
- An initial meeting with your Jobcentre Plus Advisor
- A short assessment of your business idea by a Wenta Business Advisor
- Matching to a Business Mentor who will advise on market research, sales/marketing, forecasting/budgeting, raising start up funding and completion of your business plan
- Assistance in applying for a loan if required to start your business
- Starting trading with ongoing support from Jobcentre Plus and Wenta
The New Enterprise Allowance programme is delivered by Wenta for all Job Centres across Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
To find out if you qualify for this programme please contact your Job Centre Plus Advisor.