The 'Start and Grow' Programme
The Government have introduced a new initiative to help and support business start-ups. The initiative is funded by the Regional Growth Fund (RGF) which has invested nearly £3 billion to help businesses in England grow and create over 100,000 new jobs.
The Start & Grow programme will be delivered by Wenta in Bedford, Enfield, Luton, and Stevenage.
The Start & Grow programme specifically targets start-ups who are investing to grow their businesses and create sustainable jobs at a very early stage of their development. The businesses can come from any sector as long as there is investment and potential to create new jobs in the area.
The package of support available will help these new businesses grow faster, achieve higher survival rates and employ more people. It includes:
- One to one business advice
- Online business support via live chat
- Business skills training and workshops
- Business planning
- Support for sourcing financial investment
Support will be available for up to 3 years, providing ongoing help as your business and workforce grows.
To access Start & Grow support a new business must meet the following criteria:
- A business start-up that intends to employ someone other than the business owner.
- The business/owner must have invested at least £5,000 in the business start-up in the form of loans, cash, stock, machinery, vehicles, IT equipment etc.
- The business must show growth potential and be looking to increase investment to £17,500 or more over a 3 year period.
- The business owner or business must be located in one of the key areas covered by the fund.
For a full assessment of eligibility please contact us for a free introductory appointment with one of our Business Advisors.
If you are interested in finding out more and whether your business would be covered by the programme please either email Sally Farish or ring her on 01438 310150.
Start & Grow Locations
To qualify for this scheme you need to work or live in the following areas: